Our Top 10 Mothers Day Gift Ideas for 2012
Let’s face it, over the years mom has received more than her fair share of homemade craft projects, hand-colored cards and even last-minute gifts as you were reminded, with hours to spare, that your wife or mom’s birthday, Mother’s Day or your anniversary was just hours away. And she loved them all.
This year, with Mother’s Day now less than 4 weeks away, you still have time to get your wife or mom something amazing, unique and one-of-a-kind from SignsInWood.com that will demonstrate to her just how special you think she is. Since our Mother’s Day gifts are customized and hand-crafted, we’ll need a couple of weeks to complete your order and still have time to get it to you by Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13, 2012.
We’ll need to receive your Mother’s Day gift order by Sunday, April 22 in order to get your customized item completed and shipped to you by Mother’s Day.
While you can complete our “Request a Quote” form to submit your own idea or design, we thought that it might make it easier if we provided you with some great Mother’s Day gift ideas for your mom, wife or grandmother – or any other special woman in your life who deserves recognition with a gift on Mother’s Day.
With that in mind, here’s our top 10 unique Mothers Day gift ideas for your mom or wife:
- Letters in her initials, her first name or the word “mom” in carved wooden letters that can be hung on the wall or which we can mount on a stand for you so that it can be placed on a mantel or shelf. This would be an especially great Mother’s Day gift idea for a woman with a home-based business, craft or hobby workshop, reading nook or some other space that is just “hers.”
- A welcome sign to be hung indoors or out with beautiful script lettering and which might also feature a favorite icon of mom’s, like a butterfly or mom’s favorite flowers.
- A beautiful carved wooden bowl to adorn mom’s dining table, coffee table or mantel on Mother’s Day and all year long.
- A carved wooden sign with words of wisdom; like one of the “sayings” that your mom said a lot when you were growing up.
- A carved wooden sign featuring a quote that reminds you of your mom.
- A carved wooden key holder in the shape of an antique key; and if mom already has a place to stash her keys, this beautiful piece could also be used by mom to hang necklaces, scarves or other personal items. Incidentally, these are items that would make great accessories for this Mother’s Day gift which you could coordinate with other siblings, grandkids, etc.
- A carved wooden sign with the family tree or the names of all mom’s kids is a beautiful Mother’s Day gift.
- A custom-designed cribbage board which is designed with a favorite image, craft, animal, quote or another icon that represents your mom’s interests.
- A carved wooden sign with one of mom’s favorite Bible verses or poems, or with a Bible verse or poem sentiment appropriate for mom on a Mother’s Day gift.
- A beautiful fleur-embellished door plate with the family name and/or house numbers on it.
And don’t forget grandma on Mother’s Day – we didn’t!
- Grandma would also love a carved wooden sign featuring one of her favorite sayings, a Bible verse, a poem or one of the phrases that your grandmother herself likes to say.
- A custom, carved tic tac toe board so grandma can play tic tac toe with the grandkids.
- A family tree or carved wooden sign name board featuring the name of all of her kids and grandkids.
And this is a great time for us to remind you that SignsInWood.com is the perfect choice if you are looking for a personalized gift for a new mom, such as a sign or plaque with the new baby’s name, birth date and vital stats, or a door plate with the baby’s name and a beautiful graphic or icon to show off the new baby’s nursery.
We’d love to help you design a unique Mother’s Day present for your wife or mom this Mother’s Day!